- Water Treatment Plants
- RO Plant
- Solar RO Plant
- Ultrafiltration Systems/
- Advanced Membrane Separation System
- Desalination Water Treatment
- Turnkey Projects
- Sewage Treatment Plant
- ETP Effluent Treatment Plant
- Dissolved Metals Removal from Wastewater
- Water Softening Plants
- UV System
- DE Mineralization DM Plant
- Mix Bed MB Unit
- Electro Deionization
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Water Filtration System
- Dosing System
- Dosing Chemicals
Ultrafiltration uses membrane filters with pore sizes of typically 1 to 10 nm which can remove particles as small as protein macromolecules. UF is the best quality technology for ensuring consistent pure water quality with respect to particles, bacteria and pyrogens.
Ultrafiltration (UF) systems are systems that have diverse membrane filtrations where hydrostatic pressure pushes solvents against a very fine membrane. They block suspended particulates and solids that are large while water and solutes with a lower molecular weight are allowed to flow through the membrane. Industry and research employ this separation process for purifying and concentrating macromolecular (103 – 106 Da) solutions, which are usually protein solutions.
Panda Water Tech Pvt. Ltd. manufactures a full line of Ultrafiltration Systems that removes suspended or particulate matter (including colloids & silt) from water. This solution is far more reliable than a conventional multi-media filter, which removes approximately 10 micron or larger of matter, where a UF membrane pore size ranges from 0.01 to 0.10 micron. In addition to superior turbidity removal, UF membranes efficiently remove bacteria and most viruses.
How Ultrafiltration removes particles from water
The water flow is directed straight through the membrane, or in “cross flow” fashion where a portion of the input water flows across the membrane surface to filter out most colloids, enzymes, microorganisms, particles and endotoxins above their rated sizes.
Advantages and Restrictions
- Superior filtration performance with high flux Effectively removes most colloids, removes, enzymes, microorganisms, particles and endotoxins above their rated sizes, keeping them above the ultrafilter surface.
- Efficient operation
- Lifetime can be extended by a regular high speed flush
- Basic, vertical, modular design permits low cost, compact systems
- Does not remove dissolved inorganic or organic substances
- Can block if presented with a high level of molecular weight contaminants